RØDE RØDECASTER DUO
The RØDECaster Duo is a compact and incredibly powerful all-in-one audio production solution for podcasting, streaming, music-making and content creation. It offers the same unmatched feature set and peerless versatility as the revolutionary RØDECaster Pro II, including the upcoming compatibility with RØDE Series IV wireless microphones. It features the same high-power quad-core audio engine, Revolution Preamps™, APHEX® audio processing and endless customisability as the RØDECaster Pro II – now in an even more compact and portable form factor.
We created the all-in-one podcasting console category with the original RØDECaster Pro in 2018 and, since its release in 2022, the RØDECaster Pro II has been praised as the most powerful audio production console of its kind. The RØDECaster Duo will continue this legacy, delivering everything that users have come to love about its sibling in a more compact footprint – perfect if you require fewer audio inputs but don’t want to compromise on audio quality.
- For Podcasters, Streamers, and Musicians
- 2 High-End Mic/Line/Instrument Preamps
- 4 Faders and Vibrant Color Touchscreen
- Multitrack Recording to microSD or USB
- Built-In Series IV Wireless Receivers
- Studio-Quality APHEX Processing
- Quad-Core Audio Engine
- Two Headphone Outputs, Stereo Line Out
- 6 Programmable Pads for Audio, FX & MIDI
- Dual USB Ports and Integrated Bluetooth
Designed to elevate your podcasting, and your streaming, music-making, and content creation, the RODECaster Duo from RODE is a compact and powerful all-in-one audio production solution that delivers all the same revered features and versatility of the RODECaster Pro II in a smaller, more portable form factor. Perfect for those who require fewer audio inputs and a more travel-friendly design, the RODECaster Duo sacrifices none of the qualities or functionalities of its larger sibling, sporting the same high-powered quad-core audio engine, high-gain, low-noise Revolution preamps, APHEX audio processing, and flexible customization.The RODECaster Duo features two XLR-1/4″ combo inputs for mic- or line-level signals, one stereo pair line output for speakers, two headphone outputs, a microSD card reader for internal multitrack recording, two USB-C host connections, and an ethernet network terminal for hardware or software integrations. Just like the RCPII, you also get intuitive hands on control, such as four assignable mixer faders, six colorful customizable SMART pads for audio, FX, and MIDI triggering, a bright colorful touchscreen, and plenty of buttons and knobs to create engaging content of almost any kind. The RODECaster Duo includes Bluetooth technology and integrated wireless microphone receivers for onboard compatibility with all Series IV wireless transmitters, allowing you to handle just about any usage scenario and any workflow, anywhere.
- Premium boutique-class preamps with a high gain, low noise, and mic/line/instrument combo inputs
- Customizable mixer with RGB color coding
- Extensively programmable SMART pads for launching sounds, shows, mixer actions, and more
- iOS-ready dual USB Type-C ports to connect multiple computers or mobile devices
- Advanced high-quality Bluetooth input/output, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and integrated wireless receivers for Series IV transmitters
- Built to compete with pricey boutique microphone preamplifiers, the Revolution preamps deliver transparency and detail with ultralow noise (just -131.5 dBV) and incredible gain up to 76 dB, which enables ideal recording levels, even for low-output dynamic mics—no mic boosters, lifters, or normalization needed.
- Pro-grade Neutrik XLR-1/4″ combo jacks provide connection points for microphones (+48V phantom power is available for condenser mics), line-level sources, or instruments such as electric guitar and bass. Pairs of the analog input channels can be linked to easily record stereo mic setups, synths, DJ mixers, or outboard gear.
- Authentic emulations of classic APHEX hardware processors are onboard—Aural Exciter elevates clarity and sheen, Big Bottom adds warm and deep low-frequency punch, and Compellor glues it all together with compression/leveling—as well as other widely used processors including a reverb, delay, pitch shifter, equalizer, high-pass filter, noise gate, de-esser, robot effects, and more.
- Use the VoxLab editor to quickly manipulate parameters on several processors via three intuitive controls, or access the advanced editor (onscreen or with a computer) for intricate editing. Use presets, save your own presets, and load them at any time to immediately call up your favorite settings.
6 Programmable SMART Pads
- Each SMART pad can trigger audio files such as music or sound bites, activate special effects, send MIDI commands to software or hardware, or execute mixer functions like fades, music ducking, and bleeping.
- Bank switching buttons beneath the pads for a plethora of unique actions.
- Select the color of your choice for the pad illumination, a convenient way to remember which effect is on which pad.
Customizable Multichannel Mixer
- The 7-channel mixer features 4 channels with full-size broadcast-quality physical faders and three virtual channels, with the option to expand via digital hosting and hardware integrations with future updates.
- Physical faders and virtual channels are freely assignable to the two analog inputs, USB and Bluetooth interfaces, and SMART pads.
- Each channel offers a pan control, mute button, and listen button (pre- or after-fader solo). With channel-specific color coding on the RODECaster Duo, you’ll be able to quickly identify your sources.
- Record stereo or individual multitrack files to a microSD card or USB storage such as an external drive.
- Choose uncompressed WAV format for maximum audio quality or MP3 format to save storage space and extend recording time.
- Use the RODECaster Duo as a high-quality USB audio interface to stream/record to a computer with ultrafast data transfer.
- RODECaster Duo runs at 24-bit / 48 kHz, the industry standard for video production.
- Two high-powered 1/4″ headphone outputs provide clear personal monitoring for the host and a guest.
- Separate color-coded volume controls let all participants easily control their own headphone levels.
- Connect a pair of active speakers to the 1/4″ line outputs if you need to amplify your content to a live audience, or go wireless and monitor through a Bluetooth speaker to check the mix on an alternate system.
- Selectable high or low sensitivity optimizes the gain structure of the headphone outputs, so you can set headphone levels easier.
- Producer talkback mode lets you communicate with guests without affecting the recording.
- Equipped with advanced Bluetooth connectivity, the RODECaster Duo can be used for ultrahigh-quality phone-call integration, crystal-clear audio streaming, wireless monitoring, and more.
- Mix-minus on the Bluetooth and USB channels prevents the person on the other end of the call from hearing a distracting echo, making the RODECaster Duo great for remote and local guests in your podcast.
- Save multiple Shows containing all of the RODECaster Duo’s settings, an ideal way to instantly switch between types of productions such as podcasts, live streams, and game commentary. Tailored presets for Rode microphones and other popular models help you get great sound in a hurry.
- The color touchscreen has haptic feedback, automatic brightness adjustment, and is tilted for optimal viewing. Next to the touchscreen, a rotary encoder is placed for efficient navigation and control.
- Dual USB Type-C interfaces allow two computers or mobile devices to be connected simultaneously, unlocking great options for everything from remote podcasting to organizing complex streaming setups.
- An internal 1.5 GHz quad-core audio engine delivers significant processing power and unlocks huge potential for future updates.
- Bidirectional MIDI communication allows excellent integration with DAWs and streaming software.
- Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections offer high-speed communication with computers and other devices for updating firmware wirelessly, software and hardware integrations, and more.
- The USB connections are MFi-certified for seamless integration with iOS devices such as iPads.
- Power the RODECaster Duo via USB Type-C PD (30W).
- Ready for global use, the unit provides use in 10 languages—English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and Hindi.
- RODECaster Duo is fully updatable for continued evolution with new firmware that will be available to all users via Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or USB.
- Internal wireless microphone receivers for compatibility with any Series IV wireless transmitter.
RODE RODECaster DUO Specs
|Display||1 x Color|
|Channels of I/O||2 Inputs / 4 Outputs|
|Maximum Sampling Rate||48 kHz / 24-Bit|
|Number of Microphone Preamps||2 Preamps|
|Gain/Trim Range||-135 +76 dB|
|Solo/Mute||Solo, Mute per Input Channel|
|Analog Audio I/O||2 x Combo XLR-1/4″ TRS Mic/Line Input
2 x 1/4″ TRS Line Output
2 x 1/4″ TRS Headphone Output
|Digital Audio I/O||None|
|Host Connection / USB||2 x USB-C|
|Host Connection Protocol||USB 3.0 / 3.1/3.2 Gen 1|
|Sample Rates||48 kHz|
|Memory Card Slot||1 x microSDHC|
*As of April, 2023: Check with manufacturer for the most up-to-date compatibility
|Mobile App Compatible||No
*As of April, 2023: Check with manufacturer for the most up-to-date compatibility
|Mobile Device Compatibility||None|
|Power Requirements||AC/DC Power Adapter (Included)|
|AC/DC Power Adapter||5 V|
|Current Consumption||3 A|
|Anti-Theft Features||Kensington Security Slot|