LACIE 6BIG THUNDERBOLT 3 – 84TB
Think bigger—we’ve got you covered. With up to 108TB of capacity on your desktop, up to 1400MB/s speeds¹, and RAID 5/6, the LaCie 6big Thunderbolt 3 let you rein in the stampede of data from ultra hi-res cameras.
design by neil poulton
Thunderbolt 3: Think bigger. Deliver faster.
The absolute fastest I/O.
For the 6big, LaCie harnessed the performance potential of the Thunderbolt 3 I/O and maximized breakthrough speeds out of the hard drives. By adding a RAID controller and 7200RPM drives, we have reached astonishing 6big speeds of up to 1400MB/s in RAID 0 and 2400MB/s in RAID 5.
For lightning-fast video workflows.
That kind of speed can slash time off nearly every task in your post-production workflow. Ingest hours of RAW footage from a Blackmagic® cinema camera into Adobe® Premiere® Pro in a fraction of the time. Then edit multiple streams of ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 4444 XQ, as well as uncompressed HD 10-bit and 12-bit video. For big projects packed with high-def clips, thumbnail and preview rendering becomes much more responsive.
And for your smartest workspace.
With double the video bandwidth of its predecessor, Thunderbolt 3 lets you daisy chain dual 4K displays or a single 5K display to the LaCie 6big. With two 4K displays, you can spread out your workspace by dedicating one display to your timeline and the other to previewing 4K footage, for example. It’s even possible to power a compatible laptop through the Thunderbolt 3 connection².
Compatible with Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2
It’s possible to connect the 6big to devices with previous generations of Thunderbolt. Just use a Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (sold separately).*
*The Mac must be running macOS Sierra 10.12 or later and transfer rates are based upon the speed of the connection, up to 10Gb/s for Thunderbolt and up to 20Gb/s for Thunderbolt 2. For details and potential restrictions, see Apple Support
Bigger in every way. Except in footprint.
With up to 108TB (6big)on your desktop, you can safely store massive amounts of ultra hi-res footage.
Instead of buying a new storage device every time you need more capacity, invest up front in a future-proof, RAID-protected solution. Improve data access and security, which can save money in the long term.
Divide your storage into multiple volumes according to your workflow. Create one volume for ingesting transcoded clips and current projects and another for archiving final footage.
Thunderbolt 3 lets you daisy chain up to six devices to a computer via a single cable. So you could connect up to six LaCie 6bigs together, bringing a jaw-dropping 1PB to your computer.
- Internal Storage Media: 6 × hot-swappable* IronWolf Pro 128MB cache (or greater) hard drives Compatibility list
2 × Thunderbolt™ 3
1 × USB 3.1**
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatible using included USB-C to USB adapter cable
- Interface Transfer Rates: Thunderbolt 3: 40Gb/s
- USB 3.1: 10Gb/s
- Performance Benchmark: Thunderbolt 3 (reads | writes in MB/s):***
6big RAID 0: 1400 | 1400
6big RAID 5: 1200 | 1150
USB 3.1 (reads | writes in MB/s):
6big RAID 0: 400 | 400
6big RAID 5: 350 | 350
- Interface Technology: Both Thunderbolt 3 and USB 3.1 through a single reversible USB-C cable
- Bi-directional, dual-protocol, and supports dual 4K displays or one 5K display
- Daisy Chain: Connect up to five Thunderbolt 3 or one USB 3.1 device or a high-resolution display via a single USB-C cable
- RAID Modes: 0/1/5/6/10/50/60
- Redesigned LaCie RAID Manager for easy hardware RAID selection and management
- Security: Kensington® lock compatible
- Cooling: 2 × redundant fans
Heat-dissipating all-aluminum enclosure
- Additional Features: Front-facing status LEDs for disk, power, and alarm events
System monitoring, audible alarm, and email alerts for failure and warning events via LaCie RAID manager
- Power Supply: 6big: 100-240V; 50/60Hz; 250W
- Dimensions (W × H × D): 6big: 161 × 225 × 237 mm | 6.3 × 8.9 × 9.3 in.
- Weight: 6big: 60TB: 9.9 kg | 21.8 lbs
- Minimum System Requirements: Computer with a USB-C (Thunderbolt 3 or USB 3.1) or USB Type-A port
- Latest version of Mac OS® X 10.12 and later / Latest version of Windows® 8 and later Minimum free disk space: 600MB recommended
- Note: Your PC may need updates for the Thunderbolt 3 ports to function properly. See here for more information.
LaCie RAID Manager
Download product software from 12big | 6big.
* Hot swapping will result in data loss in a RAID 0 array.
** USB limitations: a single volume mounts on the host, and speeds are limited to approximately 400MB/s.
*** Actual data rates may vary depending on operating environment and other factors, such as RAID mode, RAID configuration, and disk capacity.