BIRDDOG EYES P240 40X OPTICAL ZOOM 1080P FULL NDI PTZ CAMERA (WHITE)
The game-changing camera just got more game.
Building upon the NDI® PTZ category defining P200, the all new P240 introduces an updated Sony Exmor R broadcast sensor to deliver increased light sensitivity, and best in class image quality and performance.
P240 offers three output options including NDI®, SDI, and HDMI for ultimate video flexibility while Balanced XLR audio adds professional audio connections.
IP output options include multiple flavors of NDI® including Full NDI®, NDI®|HX2, and HX3, SRT, and h.264, whilst BirdDog Cloud 3.0 integration unlocks globally connected remote productions.
Free Auto-Tracking, FreeD output for AR/VR workflows, and additional features comprising an OLED display to show the IP address, 360° mohawk tally, filter thread, safety anchor point, and carry handle make P240 the best choice for live productions.
And yes, the cameras support NDI® 5.5 natively.
NDI®|HX2, NDI®|HX3, h.264, SRT, RTMP, RTSP, and Cloud Connect coming soon with a free firmware update.
Sony Exmor R Sensor. Lowlight is a highlight.
Sensors matter and the best-in-class Sony Exmor R back-illuminated image sensor housed in P240 delivers beautiful images even in challenging lighting situations. P240 performs brilliantly in changing lighting conditions of a concert with amazing lowlight performance.
*Exmor R is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation.
Balanced XLR. With Phantom Power.
P240 features Balanced XLR audio inputs and outputs via the included breakout cable with locking connector which can also supply Phantom Power.
NDI® 5.5. Welcome to the party pal.
Full NDI 5.5 support is built right into P240 for maximum compatibility across all NDI® ecosystems.
BirdUI. With heads up display.
P240 features the world’s most comprehensive interface for PTZ cameras. System statistics including the number of active connections, current bandwidth usage, and network traffic are presented in an intuitive way to give you the information you need at a quick glance.
RUDP. Trust us, it’s awesome.
Reliable User Datagram Protocol (now you know why we say RUDP) reduces overall network load as not every packet needs to be acknowledged by every receiver. RUDP has error correction built in for smoothness and maximum reliability so you can be confident your packets are getting to where they need to go.
NDI® Genlock. Let that Sync in.
With NDI Genlock you can select an NDI® source to be the timing master to provide more predictable timing in multi camera environments.
Do not believe it to be a matter of hope, it is simply a matter of time.
FreeD. For free.
FreeD is a protocol for sending PTZ positioning data to AR/VR systems including Unreal Engine, Brainstorm, Vizrt’s Viz Virtual Studio, and many more. P240 now supports FreeD and it’s all built right into the BirdUI.
FreeD function is currently in beta. Final release coming soon.
NDI® Video Scopes.
P240 can generate scopes in camera to send out as NDI, NDI Proxy, or both. This allows for monitoring scopes on the NDI Proxy while sending a clean main NDI feed simultaneously. Choose from Histogram, Waveform, Vectorscope, or RGB Parade and the position on the NDI stream.
360° Mohawk Tally.
The innovative and totally punk mohawk tally gives a full 360º view so you’ll never be caught out wondering which camera you need to be talking to. If you gonna wear the mohawk, you stick with it. You don’t just be dibby-dabbing. You make up your mind.
Unique Numbering System.
Removable silicon numbers at the back of the P240 give additional Tally vision and allow switcher operators to easily identify cameras.
The super handy OLED allows for information such as IP Address, Device Name, Stream Name, Resolution, and Frame Rate. Thanks to Jason it can also be turned off in the BirdUI.
Globally Connected. No computers needed.
By adding a BirdDog Cloud subscription, you can now access the PTZ cameras and all features from anywhere in the world. No computers needed on the camera side. For more information about BirdDog Cloud click here.
All formats supported. Well almost.
Along with Full NDI® P240 supports an insane amount of formats including NDI®|HX2, NDI®|HX3, SRT, h.264 for low bandwidth requirements.*
*SRT and Cloud Connect will be available with a free future update. All other formats will be supported at time of shipping.
Free Software Tools.
Team up Central Lite with any NDI® source, including all BirdDog hardware capable of creating NDI® sources, you can now drive your NDI® streams to any BirdDog Studio NDI or Mini to decode NDI® back to SDI or HDMI.
Cam Control allows easy access to all settings of all the BirdDog cameras on your network. Get the look you want on the full screen output monitor and then copy across multiple cameras to color match in seconds.
Comms Lite is your free Audio Intercom solution. With support for four BirdDog devices, plus a director, Comms Lite is a great way to start using Audio Intercom in your live productions.
- Up to 40x *
- 1 / 2.5 inch CMOS 8.5MP
SRZ (Super Resolution Zoom)
- 40x in Full HD
HORIZONTAL ANGLE OF VIEW
- 70.2° (W) – 4.1° (T)
- F2.0 (W) – F3.8 (T)
- Color: 0.4lux (1/30s, 50%, High Sensitivity mode On), 1.6lux (1/30s, 50%, High Sensitivity mode Off), 0.06lux(1/4s(1/3s),50%, High Sensitivity mode On)
- 1/1 – 1/10000s
- Visibility enhancer, Black & White, E-Flip, Mirror, Color enhancement, Black level, gamma, Color/Hue Adjust, HLC, Color Bar
- Yes (15 steps)
- Yes (15 steps)
- Standard, Straight, 512 pattern
- Yes (15 steps)
- Yes (97 step) – Flicker Cancel: Yes
- On/Off (level 5 to 1/Off, 6 steps), 2D/3D
- Auto Focus (Trigger/Interval), Manual Focus (Variable Speed), One Push Trigger, Near Limit
- AUTO, ATW, Indoor, Outdoor, One Push WB, Manual WB, Outdoor Auto, Sodium Vapor Lamp (Fix/Auto/Outdoor Auto）
- Full Auto, Gain, Gain Limit, Shutter Priority, Iris Priority, Manual, Bright, Slow Shutter, Max/Min Shutter Limit, Slow AE
*(When running in native scan mode)
- Horizontal: ±175º (Zoom Adaptive Speed Range: 0.05°〜100°/s)
- Vertical: +90º to -30º (Zoom Adaptive Speed Range: 0.05°〜50°/s)
- 128 (Speed adjustable: Up to 150°/s)
- -10 – +40 (°C)
- Bi Color Full overhead and rear (w/included 0-9 number silicon plugs)
ONBOARD OLED DISPLAY
- 5-line, RGB Color, Graphical
HD VIDEO FORMATS
- 1080p 60, 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, 23.97 1080i 59.94, 50 • 720p 59.94, 50
ANALOGUE AUDIO I/O
- IN: balanced XLR (via breakout cable) with 48V Phantom power, unbalanced 3.5mm TRS (stereo)
- OUT: balanced XLR (via breakout cable), unbalanced 3.5mm TRS (stereo)
- Embedded with main HDMI, 24bit
- Embedded with SDI, 24bit
- Embedded with NDI
IP PTZ CONTROL
- NDI Control (auto configuring), VISCA IP
SERIAL PTZ CONTROL
- 2x RJ45: RS232 / RS422 Connectors
SERIAL CONTROL PROTOCOL
- VISCA / PELCO D
POWER & DIMENSIONS
- 12v DC, PoE+ (IEEE 802.3at)
- 22.5W (PTZ move simultaneously)
- Full NDI – i-frame high quality low latency NDI for production
- h.264 long-GOP (Limited resolution support)
- NDI – Discovery, configuration, and control
- NDI | HX2
- Cloud Connect
WEB CONTROL INTERFACE
- Full control via Web/Mobile UI including Scene presets
- Ceiling mount, Wall mount